Thursday, January 17, 2013

American Dream

  The American Dream.  Everyone has a dream and everyone's dream is different.  To accomplish my dream I'll have to reach various goals, these goals include getting at least some of my poetry published, and then going into a branch of the military, perferrably the coast gaurd, followed by going to college for writing and public speaking, and somewhere in there have children.  To accomplish said goals I'll need to work hard, harder than I have been.  So what is my American dream?
  To start off, I want to become a published writer and study poetry and writing in general.  I became interested in poetry after my Dad showed me his poems, honestly my dad is my favorite poet followed by Edgar Allen Poe then yours truely. Writing is a way to express your thoughts and feelings, almost everyone can connect in some way, shape, or form. poetry is my release, I use it to cope with the stresses of everyday life.
  To follow up, I'd like to join the military. The coast gaurd would be my first choice for the following reasons. First, I'd reap the same benefits as the other branches such as the army or marines. Second, I'd have more freedom than full-time soldiers. For the most part I'd go into the military for the benefits, like going to college for free.
  Along with that, I'd like to become a public speaker. Maybe even hold public office.  Most people don't enjoy speaking in front of groups of people but it thrills me. I'm naturally a people person, I have always enjoyed the spot light. I learned this while in Oral communications class last year, I was one of the only students that happily did speeches.
 Also,somewhere within all of this I'd like to settle down and have children, but like me my children will be different. I mean how ordinary are names like Jobi, Maynerd, or Leonard. seriously I'd name my kids odd things because hopefully it would help build charcter.
   To grasp the whole picture, I feel as if I could make a difference through my writing and speaking. Everyone has an American Dream, everyone's is different and trust me mines pretty different. It may be different but this one is mine and to accomplish it I must achieve the before spoken goals. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment